Thursday, January 29, 2009

Last few days

Hello everyone... haven't updated this in a few days and I now have some to do that...

So first off, classes have started and I finally feel like I actually live in the city. When we weren't doing anything productive during the first week, it really felt like we were on vacation but that has changed now. I am taking four classes, and three of them pretty much have all the same kids (Stern classes). The stern classes seem really good and the advertising class is extremely intersting. My OB professor is very cool and knows the low down on everything so hes good help. My lit class on the other hand, well shoot me... Its going to be terrible. I had it last night and just sighhhhh... haha Lit is just not my thing. She was so enthusiastic about the Czech history etc and that is just another subject which im not good at either haha. So I really need to figure out my phones alarm cause I have mis-set it like three times and been late already so thats not good. Oh and Mom, you will be glad I am not taking Czech because the professor has brought beer for the kids every class so far. They really are on a different level with beer here... its crazy. The professors will talk about beer at least once during every class...

So we have been doing some more exploring and restraunt hopping... We have seen a lot of the monuments and touristy sections of prague so we are getting around. The area that the school is in is just gorgeous and in probably the most expensive two blocks of prague.... The buildings are extremeeeeelllyyyy nice with great furnature, couches, great hang out areas, etc. Dad, every classroom has a 3 2 1 in it for playing music etc. So you get the point, its nice. I saw the Astronomical clock today... wow that is a piece of work especially considering it was made in the 13th century. On the hour, there are little doors that open and things pop out of them... quite nice but there are ALWAYS tourists there (god tourists are terrible :) ) haha.

So last night we went to dinner at a Pizzeria (they are huge on Italian food here) and as always it was fantastic. Everyone went out last night, found a realllyyyyyyyy cool bar and then we went to the club. At each table, there was four taps, you just clicked your button, pulled any of the taps, and it measured how much you drank so everyone can pay individually. Apparently that was a chain, so on the wall was a screen showing how much each table has drank and also who drank the most in what restraunt in a few differnt countries. We didn't even make it onto that restraunts top 15...

This morning, I was late because my alarm wasn't set to on... so ran out the door, without keys, went to the metor, and went the wrong direction....... yeppp so then i was even later haha so that was bad.... then trying to get into my room was interesting as I had to get the guard to open it etc. Then my phone was out of minutesss and I tried to refill it but that didn't work because it said my number wasn't valid.... great... but I just went to the store and got it all set now so I am a person again :)

Tonight we are going to go out until our train tonight at 315 to BERLIN....NYU basically took over 2 complete hostels there so thats going to be amusing. We are working on more trips and I am working on a ski trip to Austria. One of the major problems we are finding is that Prague really doesn't have cheap flights.... only two discount airlines fly to prague and they don't go to many places...... also when we find good fares, the taxes are generally 3-4 times the actaul fare................... sooo yea

As for spring break, we are working on a 10 day Medertteranean cruise going to Spain, italy, greece, canary islands, egypt and one other country.......... soooooooo that will be fun

All is good from Prague and will blog from/about Berlin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment